Welcome to Body & Spirit Massage!
Benefits of Massage
- Massage provides an overall sense of well-being
- Relaxes the body promoting better sleep
- Lessens depression and anxiety
- Relieves migraine pain
- Creates a stronger immune system and keeps your body free of toxins
- Enhances immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system
- Alleviates low-back pain and improves range of motion
- Stretches weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Improves the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin
- Increases joint flexibility
- Promotes tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Relaxes and softens injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Releases endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller
What to Expect
" I work in a high stress environment and look forward to my monthly sessions with Robin. Her touch is warm and nurturing and vital to my physical, mental, and emotional well-being. I refer all of my friends to her. Try her massages, you will love her."
— K.S., Spring Lake
" Scalp massage is my favorite ... I could receive an entire 90-minute massage on my face, neck, and head alone! Robin has great attention to detail and releases all the tension I carry from spending all day over-thinking! "
— D.H., Grand Haven
As your body becomes relaxed, the pressure will gradually be increased to relax specific areas and relieve areas of muscular tension. Light oil is used to allow your muscles to become massaged without causing excessive friction to the skin. The oil also helps hydrate your skin. Massage and bodywork are most effective when your body is not resisting. Most people feel very relaxed following a massage. Some experience freedom from long-term aches and pains developed from tension or repetitive activity. After an initial period of feeling slowed down, people often experience increased energy, heightened awareness, and higher productivity which can last for days.